I bought this chair before we knew we were pregnant and I wasn't quite sure what colors and fabric to choose because I didn't know where the chair would end up.
First, I removed the upholstery...a yucky green plastic seat cover existed underneath.
After choosing to make this chair a part of the nursery, I decided to use some fabric from the quilt I'm making for the nursery to cover the chair cushion. Reupholstering a chair of this design is super easy. All it takes is fabric the right size, folded tight and stapled underneath with a staple gun and lots of staples. With new fabric the chair was already worlds different!
Then, it was time to paint the chair! I found Valspar's New Avocado spray paint in satin and thought it would match the fabric and nursery color scheme perfectly!
I primed the chair first.
Then sprayed it with New Avocado until the can went dry!
Here's the new and colorfully improved chair! All set to add a dash of color to the nursery.
Before and After:
Linking to Home Stories A 2 Z